Save the undercity!
Multiple endings. You'll have to discover them.
There is a beta for Conflux 3.5: Conflux 3.5.
Double-click the .bat file that matches best your resolution.
FIXED: some bugs... I guess
- smaug lair was inescapable.
- scorching whip and some dragon armour pieces weren't granting the due points.
- munchers are not psychic anymore.
- the wu tse area doesn't damage you anymore
- some important items can no longer be put in bags
- charging or knockbacked monsters would sometime freeze or disappear
- spells shouldn't fizzle at random anymore
- a possible dead end in the thieves' maze
- some growth mechanisms could go wrong
- under certain conditions the reactor was not accessible
- treasure hunt spell now correctly acknowledge the treasure of level 13 when found
- beholders now slow you down instead of hasting you. You won't laugh at them so much.
- mischievous bag works better.
- updated clones.
- anchor spell doesn't consume a coin anymore when failed.
- and a horde of minor bugs
- toned down the aquatic muncher generation
- toned down funereal weapons
- archmage fight is different.
- slightly toned down monks
- a few monsters can now be pregnant
- reduced the range of fear aura
- lyte armor quest is different
- ashes of Herakles grant a better bonus
- an internal reorganisation of character specific events. Will prove useful for next version.
- a special helm
- wedding ring now useful
- a few magic items (experimental)
- guides have enhanced capacities
- some monsters were attacking backwards
- canteen fixed
- ending messages sometimes were displayed wrongly
- some spells won't work under water.
- a small part under the mountain.
- monsters in the guild hall will use the teleporter more obviously and coherently.
- Crypt heroes have better stats.
- 2nd and 3rd grade guild heroes have better stats.
- the archmage is now immune to freeze effects.
- the knockback effect can push into pits and teleporters.
- upgraded Excalibur, Leviathan, Crystal Blade, Beobow, Hellion and Gift of Tamiel.
- vampiric weapons are now more effective.
- coral crab toned down, coral poleyn enhanced.
- the fight against the archmage is different now.
- toned down the water dimension.
- munchers, tormentors, rooflurkers and imps have new attack behaviour.
- monsters should now be harder to sneak from behind.
- a rare bug where splitting monsters would get converted to something else.
- a way to avoid vecna's curse.
- some broken teleport scrolls.
- a way to roam freely with Halk's powergem.
- swift death now only works on fleshy creatures.
- funereal effect now has a tiny chance to fail.
- funereal effect doesn't work from backrow anymore.
- a way to mix endings texts.
- stoneskin wasn't working.
- Sar wine, Zo liqueur, Kath vinegar and rust are now consumed properly.
- a way to get away being guilty.
- the color scheme of dragon armour is now more coherent.
- dozens of minor bugs.
- an exit to the emmerald path
- some missing hints for the Oracle
- Chewers, Screamers, Shambling Mounts and Caterpillars are quicker now.
- mudman behaviour
- most of the "full party needed" blocks were removed.
- iron doors are easier to bash.
- an incoherent decoration.
- some text mechanisms.
- size of scorpions
- footprints spell sometimes didn't expire
- Ettin starve-to-death trap
- spider death
- dead torches igniting explosions.
- minor bugs
- infinite generator in the moria.
- dragon armor spell
- sar wines and zo liqueurs are drinkable now.
- a scroll to keep record of the score
- the boulders in the mines should integrate better with the wallsets now.
- egg hatching mechanism
- an emerald key was missing
- you will now know when guild ranks are needed to progress further in the experience levels.
- experience progression should be notably faster for the first levels.
- a few sounds
- locate treasure spell
- air rune scrolls
- a bug that would generate hundreds of missiles and kill Vecna
- another article for the furs merchant
- giggler and leprechaun populations in the sewers
- fire shield and magic shield harder to cast
- Vecna is now better protected
- fright trump toned down again
- Lyte set is lighter
- balanced some weapons
- a graphical glitch with wallsets
- too low armor values for some monsters
- bug with knockback effect
- monster joining groups would sometime duplicate for a few ticks
- a rare bug that would cause a savegame to be unreadable
- master thief mechanism
- there was a wicked way to escape from the fate linked to the powergem
- a way to kill Morpanthrax
- a bug with the hit action
- the starving fog could follow you through levels
- some monsters would drop more items than normal when telefragged
- spiders are tougher
- tweaked Furx, Leviathan, Excalibur
- power of coral armor
- more optimizations
- Furx is harder to obtain
- some keys and locks
- boots of speed harder to get
- xp progression easier and smoother
- saving game doesn't remain disabled when you die.
- a crash when attacked in ghost form
- inner mechanics to manage character stats, to avoid possible crashes.
- xp progression
- initial stamina slightly raised
- some minor bugs
- Furx won't be so good at first
- starvation death in Uqbar room
- scorpion missing sound
- deep level training cheat
- a crash while attacking
- bouncing time
- a little muncher's nest in the mines
- Gando will be more helpful.
- torches at the beginning
- a hint for the truth spell.
- slightly raised the starting hitpoints.
- raised food values.
- Vexirks toned down.
- toned down blow horn and confuse.
- balanced the guild riddles
- toned down the mace of order
- a revealing graphical glitch in the tomb of druafang
- some weapon locations
- unleashed hell was impossible to play.
- gaining level usually didn't increase stats
- rats were present at level 0 with a bad palette
- batch files.
V3a: THE RELEASE!
- New monsters
- You cannot venture beyond level 7 without a full party (to avoid a way of cheating).
V3 beta: b to e
Playtesters: Beowuuf, Trantor, Ian, PitD
- lots of bugs
V3 beta a
playtest version for Trantor and Suule
- Monsters' AI
- unique items
- graphical glitches
- you cannot wander in the dungeon with the Powergem anymore. This was too unbalancing.
- you cannot wander in the dungeon with the Crown of Kings anymore. This was too unbalancing.
- you cannot freeze the council anymore. This was too easy.
- training against Lord Grey should be harder and limited.
- Cellar: some tweaks.
- Shields are now more efficient.
- Emerald Level: increased cost of the big shortcut.
- Some duels with special monsters should be more challenging now.
- Penultimate member of each guild has been boosted in a secondary stat.
- Spiders lair: Path of Light, Revenge Room, Master Thief.
- Tower of Mampang: tower of loops, tower of doors, tower of pits.
- Neta: spider guardians.
- Ros: Traps, Strong, quick and rich, a clue to deathtrap dungeon.
- Deathtrap dungeon.
- Council: Torture Chamber.
- Crypt: heroes.
- Sudden death: Weapon replicator.
- Moria: a third exit.
- More levels.
- Special event/spells for hidden characters.
- New spells.
- Sauron's will.
- Cartographer's Maps.
- Several unique monster's AI.
- Hint file.
- Unique items.
- Lots of new stuff!
- a bug with one of Halk's endings.
- some illegal stairs.
- Sudden Death: a trap could generate thousands of weapons!
- some minor bugs.
- some bugs with the oven.
- some bugs giving infinite experience.