Follow these instructions:
This installation procedure was made using WinUAE v1.1.
- Download Dungeon Master for Amiga, Chaos Strikes Back for Amiga or Dungeon Master II for Amiga.
- Download this Amiga emulator for Windows from its official web site: WinUAE.
- Download the SPS plugin DLL if you want to use IPF disk images: Software Preservation Society (SPS, ex CAPS).
- Download this Amiga Emulation Kit (Kickstart + Workbench + WinUAE configuration files).
- This archive contains everything necessary to play Amiga games under emulation: Kickstart, Workbench and WinUAE configuration files.
The configuration files were made with WinUAE v1.1, they may not work with previous versions of the emulator.
- Install WinUAE.
- Put the SPS plugin DLL in the WinUAE folder.
- Uncompress the Amiga Emulation Kit in the same folder on your hard drive, for example "C:\Program Files\WinUAE". The Amiga Emulation Kit should create subfolderd "Floppies", "Harddisk" and "Roms".
- Uncompress the game archives and ensure that the .ADF or IPF files are stored in the "Floppies" subfolder of "C:\Program Files\WinUAE".
- Run WinUAE. Click the Configurations menu item and select the configuration you want in the list and click the "Load" button. Then click OK to play the game. Use F12 to go back to the options.
Note for Dungeon Master II
- The game must be installed on a hard disk before you can play. Select the "Dungeon Master II" configuration. Insert the Dungeon Master II disks 1, 2 and 3 in drives DF1:, DF2: and DF3:). Once the game is installed, you can use one of the "Play Dungeon Master II" configurations.
- Click OK to boot the Amiga.
- Once the Workbench is loaded, open the disk "DM2_SK_Install1" and execute "DM2 Install".
- In the setup program, click "Proceed With Install". On the next screen, click "Proceed" and then click "OK".
- When you are asked to insert disk 4, press F12 to go back to the WinUAE properties. Insert the last three disks 4, 5 and 6 in DF1:, DF2:, DF3: and click OK to go back to emulation. Then click on "Proceed".
- Once the installation is complete, click on "Proceed". Press F12 to go back to the WinUAE properties and eject the Dungeon Master II floppies from DF1:, DF2: and DF3:.
- Open the "HardDisk" drawer, then the "DM2" drawer and execute "Skullkeep" to run the game.
For technical issues, please check the FAQ.