Follow these instructions:
- Download Theron's Quest for TurboGrafx / PC Engine.
- Uncompress the archive and run "Decode.bat". It will uncompress the Ogg Vorbis audio files to standard .wav files.
- Download this PC Engine emulator for Windows: Ootake.
- Download the System Card 3.0 ROM image from GameTronik PC Engine page (scroll down to the "BIOS" section and download the PC Engine CD System Card Version 3).
- Install Ootake and uncompress the System Card 3.0 ROM somewhere on your hard disk.
- You have two ways to play the game: you can burn the CD image to a CD-R or CD-RW and play the game from your real CD-ROM drive, or you can use DAEMON Tools (recommended method), which is a CD-ROM emulator for Windows. This free utility will create a virtual CD-ROM drive in which you will be able to "insert" a CD image (many formats supported). Using this tool, you can try the game without having to burn a real CD.
- If you use Daemon Tools, when you mount an image select the .cue file, not the .iso file.
- Once you inserted the CD in your CD-ROM drive (either real or virtual), start Ootake from your Start Menu. Click the '"CD-ROM" Game' button on the first screen. An error message will be displayed because the System Card file is missing and you can then browse and select the file you uncompressed earlier.