01 (23,16) Iron Key
02 (22,17) Iron Key
03 (24,17) Iron Key
04 (23,18) Iron Key
05 (20,19) Shank
06 (23,28) Gor Coin
07 (22,30) Gor Coin
08 (23,32) Shank
09 (27,31) Bread
10 (27,27) Sceptre Of Lyf
11 (34,36) Gor Coin
12 (36,29) Gor Coin
13 (38,27) Cheese
14 (40,35) Shank
15 (44,37) Gor Coin
16 (44,38) Bread, Corn
17 (48,38) Rock (2), Stick
18 (47,39) Gor Coin
19 (41,42) Boots Of Speed
20 (29,44) Ful Bomb (2)
21 (48,42) Boots Of Speed
22 (42,23) Dragon Fang
23 (44,33) Gor Coin
24 (33,33) Some randomly placed items can be here. Read the notes of Chaos Strikes Back Level 07 for details.
25 (38,31) Some randomly placed items can be here. Read the notes of Chaos Strikes Back Level 07 for details.
26 (43,40) Some randomly placed items can be here. Read the notes of Chaos Strikes Back Level 07 for details.
27 (23,17) Some randomly placed items can be here (in one of the four alcoves). Read the notes of Chaos Strikes Back Level 07 for details.
I01 (20,38) "Fulya pit"
I02 (35,38) "Demon Chamber"
L01 (47,24) Skeleton Key, Lock Picks
L02 (45,20) Onyx Key
L03 (32,20) Square Key
L04 (35,23) Onyx Key
L05 (25,24) Iron Key
L06 (28,27) Iron Key
L07 (19,24) Ra Key, Zokathra Spell
L08 (19,25) Ra Key, Zokathra Spell
L09 (46,39) Key Of B (4), Lock Picks (2)
L10 (31,40) Master Key
L11 (32,43) Topaz Key, Master Key, Lock Picks
L12 (24,29) Iron Key, Lock Picks
L13 (26,29) Gor Coin
L14 (38,42) Iron Key, Lock Picks
L15 (31,37) Skeleton Key
L16 (30,33) Iron Key
L17 (33,33) Iron Key
L18 (38,31) Gor Coin
L19 (39,32) Gor Coin
L20 (38,33) Gor Coin
A. A Skeleton Key or Lock Picks (used 7 times) will open the door but Lock Picks will also activate the Demon generator.
B. Two Keys Of B or Lock Picks (used twice) will open the door. Four Keys Of B are required to open both the door and the wall.
C. A Topaz Key, a Master Key or Lock Picks will open the door, but a Topaz Key will also deactivate the fireball holes.
D. A Crown Of Nerra or an Orange Gem in your inventory will prevent Zytaz generation around (00,25,35) when walking at (00,17,30).
E. A Pendant Feral in your inventory will prevent Zytaz generation at (00,25,34), (00,24,35), (00,26,35) and (00,25,36) when walking at (00,25,35).
F. A Dexhelm in your inventory will prevent Demon generation at (00,47,21) when walking at (00,41,18).
G. A Flamebain in your inventory will prevent Fireball launch at (00,23,29) when walking at (00,23,20).
H. Powertowers in your inventory will prevent Demon generation at (00,34,20) when walking at (00,31,18).
I. The door will open if you have Boots Of Speed in your inventory.
J. An Ekkhard Cross in your inventory will prevent generation of Demons at (00,35,34) when walking at (00,31,36).
K. A Corbum in your inventory will open the door at (00,22,14) when walking at (00,29,15).
L. A Boulder in your inventory will open the door.
01 (17,18) Black Flame
02 (17,19) Black Flame
03 (17,20) Black Flame
04 (17,21) Black Flame
05 (25,34) Zytaz Generator (1-4)
06 (24,35) Zytaz Generator (1-4)
07 (26,35) Zytaz Generator (1-4)
08 (25,36) Zytaz Generator (1-4)
09 (35,34) Demon Generator (1)
10 (39,42) Demon [Master Key]
11 (38,42) Demon Generator (2)
12 (33,42) Demon (4)
13 (33,40) Demon Generator (2)
14 (34,39) Demon (2)
15 (25,43) Lord Chaos Generator (1)
16 (19,43) Worm Generator (1)
17 (17,40) Grey Lord
18 (33,16) Demon [Square Key]
19 (34,20) Demon Generator (1)
20 (42,20) Worm Generator (2)
21 (47,21) Demon Generator (1)
22 (46,31) Demon [Iron Key]
23 (46,32) Demon
24 (48,32) Demon
- H000 - FULYA PIT
- This is where Lord Chaos mined the deadly Mana-absorbing Corbum.
- Throw the Corbum over the pit into the flame ring. You will need to destroy all four to foil Chaos' plan.
- Be forewarned that anything thrown into the FULYA Pit other than Corbum could have fatal results.
- H005 - MUSICAL LOCK
- It will take two identical keys to open this lock.
- They are the Keys of B.
- Bring more Keys of B if you find any.
- H006 - JUST HALL
- This is just another corridor.
- H009 - MASTER KEY
- The Master Key is needed for this lock.
- One of the Demon groups in this room has the key.
- Kill the Demon to obtain the key.
- H016 - FIRECOURSE
- This is the path of the fireballs. It is wise to seek a safe corridor to the side.
- H025 - NO LOCK DOOR
- Because there is no lock, no key will open this door. You must return with a special object to open this door.
- Return here with the Green Gem.
- H026 - IRON KEY
- This lock takes an Iron Key. There are several Iron Keys scattered throughout the dungeon.
- H041 - POISON ROOM
- If nothing happened when the party entered the room, then they used the proper key to open the lock.
- If the air is thick with poison, be still until you can spot the secret switch that turns off the deadly flow.
- H042 - EXIT ONLY
- There is no way to open the passage from this side.
- H047 - SQUARE KEY
- This lock requires a Square Key.
- A nearby monster has the key. Defeat the monster to obtain the key.
- H051 - TOPAZ KEY
- The Topaz Key is needed to open this lock.
- The Topaz Key will be a treasure in an alcove. Which alcove, is something I do not know.
- H054 - POINTLESS PASSAGES
- There are two walls here that alternate between open and closed.
- Locate the switch on the floor and start from there.
- Travel to the end of one hall, then return to the switch. Now retrace your steps to find what has changed.
- H057 - RA KEY
- The RA key will operate this lock.
- I believe a Giggler may have the RA Key.
- H087 - ONYX KEY
- The Onyx Key is needed to operate this lock.
- An Onyx Key can be found among the Vexirks on the Way of KU, or in an alcove on the Way of DAIN.
- H089 - TREASURE TIME
- Relax and collect your treasures.
- H091 - GHOULS HEAD
- The ghoul's head warns that great evil is focused on that spot. It is important to investigate the area around the warning thoroughly, so any traps or byways may be found.
- If two ghoul's heads face each other, do not step between them.
- H097 - SAFE TELEPORTER
- It would appear Chaos has an uncharacteristically well developed sense of fair play.
- I have seen the ghoul's head marking every teleporter that was evil.
- There is no ghoul's head, so I believe it to be safe.
- H107 - JUST A ROOM
- A treasureless, puzzleless room. Watch for monsters and pits.
- H109 - SKELETON KEY
- The Skeleton Key is needed to operate this lock.
- A Giggler possesses the Skeleton Key.
- H120 - IMAGINATION
- Champions: Here's one clue only, no more no less. Once you learn it, there will be nothing to guess.
- I sense an imaginary wall near the party.
- H128 - COIN SLOT
- This slot will accept Gold Coins.
- It may take more than one coin.
- H163 - MONSTER FLOOD II
- The far Eastern end is the source of all the Worms.
- You must fight to the cul-de-sac to destroy their source. Plan for a tough battle.
- H164 - DEMONS BY THE DOZEN
- Duel at range. Keep a retreat. Do not hesitate to use it. This may be the battle you have saved your magical objects for.
- I sense that one of the Demon groups has the Master Key.
- If there are too many Demons, see if you can call the "Wrath of God" into the room.
- H165 - FINAL DEFENSE
- The room you are in seems to collect monsters from all over this level.
- It may help later to combat as many as possible before leaving.
- H166 - ALTERNATE APPROCH
- I believe the part of the maze you are standing in can change greatly.
- The entrance to the Demons' Lair might be from either the East or the West.
- H167 - ZYTAZ ZONE
- Be careful where the party steps in this area, the Zytazes are easily alerted.
- Certain objects may help to prevent Zytazes from multiplying.
- One of the objects is the Crown of Nerra.
- The other object is the Pendant Ferral.
- H168 - MAZE CORE
- You are at the center of the Maze.
- The Demons' Lair is to the South.
- H169 - BEING FOLLOWED
- Be cautious lest any monsters follow you into the Maze.
- An imaginary wall is nearby.
- Search for the imaginary wall that will give passage to the South and West towards the Demons' Lair.
- H170 - SAFE TELEPORTER
- "Safe" may not be entirely correct.
- The teleporter is a shortcut, but may send the party to a room full of monsters.
- H171 - CROSSFIRE
- I sense that one of the Demons possesses a Square Key.
- Be careful, for it is easy to get trapped here. Fighting at the door allows Demons to attack from the sides.
- I see no easy solution.
- H172 - THE BEST DOOR
- A valuable treasure is needed.
- This door will only open for a party with the Fighter Gem.
- H173 - THE WRATH OF GOD
- This powerful device can cause more harm than good. Use with caution.
- With sufficient Iron Keys and Gold Coins, the fireballs from the launcher can be directed into the Demons' Lair.
- H174 - OUT OF KEYS
- If the party is out of keys, this button can be a last resort.
- I am aware that the button causes several things to happen, not all good.
- The button will open a passage, but will also release Demons.
- H175 - VORTEX
- The room ahead is like a whirlpool.
- Avoid the center of the room and move quickly along the edges to avoid getting sucked down. The cul-de-sacs are safe.
- H176 - NINJA RETURN
- Champions: Here's one clue only, no more no less. Once you learn it, there will be nothing to guess.
- This door will lead to the Ninja entrance to the maze.
- H178 - THE MAZE
- This is Chaos' last defense. His Demon army stands in the way, and is growing in strength. Zytazes are numerous in places.
- It is possible Chaos could break free from the Grey Lord long enough to appear here.
- The path to the FULYA Pit lies at South center of this level. The actual entrance may change with each return to this level.
- The FULYA Pit is beyond the Master Lock.
- There is a combination of locks and coin slots that can be used to construct a very powerful weapon against the Demons.
- H197 - CREATURES
- Learn well the shapes and forms dread Chaos makes; Regard the toll of pain and death each monster takes.
- BLACK FLAME: Black pain, black fire; draw too near--your funeral pyre.
- WORM: New-armored and spiked as it slithers through space, its body topped by a fang-covered face.
- ZYTAZ: Black-shaped mass with a single eye. Linger, and see yourself weaken and die.
- DEMON: Taloned-handed, mace-tailed, head of a man. Frame of a serpent, soul that is damned.
- LORD CHAOS: Cloaked in shadow, shrouded in flame. Worlds weep at the sound of his name.
- GREY LORD: Mane of white, robe of grey. Your liege lord bids you save the day.
- H207 - EMERGENCY EXIT
- This teleporter will send you to a safer level.
- The teleporter will place you at the entrance to the Diabolical Demon Director.